Author Topic: Did you know that facebook has an online market place?  (Read 103 times)

Offline angus

Did you know that facebook has an online market place?
« on: 25 August 2017, 02:39:28 »
  I just found out about the online facebook market place which has a bicycle classified section.

I'll be picking up my 1971 Raleigh Twenty on Saturday.  ::)

Offline GrahamTCT

• Inside Norfolk, so you don't have to be.
Re: Did you know that facebook has an online market place?
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2017, 19:52:10 »
Twenty? You bought a faffin' Twenty?

I always thought you were a pervert, but this is just TOO much. You... you... VILE creature!   :o

Similarly on Facebook, there is a support group for you and your kind called Cycloshite, it's a lighthearted closed group where you can be among your own kind (I'm a member, but only from an anthropological point of view, you understand.) I think it was staryed by Sean Marsh from the old TCT forum.

Offline angus

« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2017, 21:29:23 »
   I knew there was a reason that I'd never joined the Facebook!   Now I'm going to have to get all anthrological or something just so I can study my own kind in the wild.

In my defense the Twenty was very inexpensive and I had recently sold one of my three 16" folders so I needed another folder. I'm really slowing down on the buying of bikes. I bought the twenty online Thursday night, bought a 27" touring bike in person on Friday and picked up the folder this morning.  Mathematically like that's only about two bikes over a three day span which is pretty normal for a society in decline.  :-[   

Offline GrahamTCT

• Inside Norfolk, so you don't have to be.
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2017, 14:23:30 »
I'd invite you to define "need" in your case but I fear you'd use up the last few terabytes of the forum's disk space  ;D

Offline 2whls3spds

« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2017, 02:15:38 »
  I just found out about the online facebook market place which has a bicycle classified section.

I'll be picking up my 1971 Raleigh Twenty on Saturday.  ::)

Welcome to the "fold"  ::) I have 3 at the moment. Two are a matched pair for me and my bride to ride around campgrounds and state parks. The other is likely going to get hot rodded.

Aaron 8)
"Cycling should be a way of life... RIDE you fool, RIDE!"