Author Topic: Activity  (Read 312 times)

Offline wessexwanderer

Activity
« on: 7 June 2017, 17:37:35 »
Reading the administrator's post about only one person volunteering to help at the York Rally and his doubts about the future of the club was very depressing.

Forums and Facebook pages are all very good but in my opinion they don't make a club.
I joined the Rough Stuff Fellowship in 1962 and for a while made do with the magazine. After a year I went to a meet and met members who were just names to me and finally the club felt real. I think if I hadn't been to that meet I would have dropped out long ago.

So if any members would like to join me for a ride, I would be willing to lead. Could it be regarded as an official TCC ride?

Only one warning. These days age is catching up with me and a ride of more than 20 miles is getting near my limit, and I walk up lots of hills.

I live near Wells in Somerset.

ww

Offline Dennis_Snape

Re: Activity
« Reply #1 on: 7 June 2017, 21:43:25 »
In response to WW:

Great idea. Rob and I would hope many TCC members would at least connect with each other on here and agree to go for a ride or even a Tour together.

However, when you ask 'Could it be regarded as an official TCC ride?' I am afraid the answer is no. TCC does not have any Organisers Liability Insurance at the moment, so it would be on the basis that you each agree to ride together, on an informal basis, without a dedicated leader and entirely at your own risk.

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Dennis

Offline wessexwanderer

Re: Activity
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2017, 17:43:31 »
Sorry to say nobody contacted me!
It could be that there are no members near here, or if there are the short distances and slow speed put them off.

ww