Author Topic: Editing Posts and Mobile Use  (Read 1102 times)

Offline PaulSB

Editing Posts and Mobile Use
« on: 8 September 2016, 12:44:52 »
Hope this is the right place to ask questions?

I can't see how to edit a post I have made. Am I being stupid or is this not allowed?

Second point is I tend to do all my browsing on my iPhone. The site doesn't seem to be optimised for this or again is it just me?

thanks in advance

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
Re: Editing Posts and Mobile Use
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2016, 17:35:55 »
Hope this is the right place to ask questions?

I can't see how to edit a post I have made. Am I being stupid or is this not allowed?

Second point is I tend to do all my browsing on my iPhone. The site doesn't seem to be optimised for this or again is it just me?

thanks in advance

Editing:  You should be able to do this BUT there is a time cut-off at 30 minutes after posting (to prevent later changes to the original post that may affect the established flow of conversation in the thread).

iPhone: The software that drives the website should automatically reformat the display for most devices - it works on both Android & iPhone in our tests.   As the Forum appears in a frame inside the website you may get a better result if you use the direct URL - http://www.touringcyclistclub.org.uk/Forum/    should get you there.

Rob
Webmaster - and cycle tourer

Offline PaulSB

« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2016, 13:06:51 »
Thanks Rob. I'll play with that later

Offline GrahamTCT

• Inside Norfolk, so you don't have to be.
« Reply #3 on: 10 October 2016, 09:39:55 »
Editing:  You should be able to do this BUT there is a time cut-off at 30 minutes after posting (to prevent later changes to the original post that may affect the established flow of conversation in the thread).
There's never been an 'edit' option anywhere after anything I've posted, hence some of my replies have been a tad... messy  :'(

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 10 October 2016, 12:33:11 »
There's never been an 'edit' option anywhere after anything I've posted, hence some of my replies have been a tad... messy  :'(

Thanks for the heads-up - it's now been tested (again!) and an adjustment made to the time-out . . . should now give you 10 minutes to go back and "Modify" - BTW there is a 1.5minute time-out on keystroke pauses when making a post.

Rob
- webmaster
Webmaster - and cycle tourer

Offline GrahamTCT

• Inside Norfolk, so you don't have to be.
« Reply #5 on: 10 October 2016, 16:35:35 »
Thanks Rob. I think that will make for a much tidier forum, with fewer of us left looking like right iriots  :)

Offline 2whls3spds

« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2016, 10:56:27 »
Thanks Rob. I think that will make for a much tidier forum, with fewer of us left looking like right iriots  :)

I resemble that remark... ::)

Aaron 8)
"Cycling should be a way of life... RIDE you fool, RIDE!"