Author Topic: Lands End  (Read 992 times)

Offline R0berts8

Lands End
« on: 2 June 2016, 07:23:35 »
I often stay at Marazion and cannot but admire the different types of riders passing through. Some are obvious end to Enders with support vehicles and matching tops and a few as I saw today are recumbents and trailer and solo. It has made me think of giving it a go.
Just sharing an observation.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
Re: Lands End
« Reply #1 on: 3 June 2016, 09:13:42 »
Don't just think about it - DO IT!  I've ridden it both ways - just fantastic (my suggestion for a first-timer would be JOGLE) ... and see the  www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk  website

Rob
Webmaster - and cycle tourer

Offline SussexBoi

« Reply #2 on: 3 June 2016, 15:42:26 »
I often stay at Marazion and cannot but admire the different types of riders passing through. Some are obvious end to Enders with support vehicles and matching tops and a few as I saw today are recumbents and trailer and solo. It has made me think of giving it a go.
Just sharing an observation.
Well worth while doing, and a great feeling of achievement, if you have time then don't rush it. People often have problems with getting themselves and their cycles to JOG or Back depending on direction of travel. One suggestion I would make, again if time is no problem is to use the bike bus service to or from Durness/Inverness then take a couple of days cycling the North coast road to or from JOG.
I would like to apologise to anyone who I have not offended yet.
Give me time and I'll get around to you in the fullness of time !

Offline Tizme

« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2017, 18:25:36 »
I did my JOGLE a few years ago, with my daughter and her husband (then to be) cycling and my wife and sister-in-law driving a 6-berth motorhome in 10 days. We rode for "Go Commando" and raised a fair bit of money (a link to the blog is at Robs End-To-End website or here: https://jogle4gocommando.wordpress.com/). As we live in the west country I thought driving up to John O'Groats and cycling back was better than finishing and then having the slog home. It was great and hopefully I will be doing it both ways next year, unsupported and by myself (billy no-mates ;D), I've also been asked to join a group that will do LEJOG next September (travelling light and fast) so if I can get a leave pass from SWMBO I'll be doing that too.